Here we are at the end of the K9 Camp challenges, and this one is just about what we do to keep fit with our dogs. It’s easy to tell that we run with them, anywhere from 5km to a half marathon. We run on roads and footpaths but we much prefer trails. We run in groups of dogs and their owners, or just with our own four legged best friend.
So, why do we run with our dogs?
- It keeps their weight under control.
- The endorphin rush they get after a run evens out their temperaments, and it genuinely seems to make them happy and relaxed. Research has shown that dogs don’t get this rush with just a walk.
- Those big brown eyes make us feel guilty if we don’t, so we go out and run which is good for our health.
- Taking our dogs out running, and entering fun runs with them will hopefully encourage others to do the same. This can only be a good thing.
- We get to enjoy our dog’s company while running in some awfully pretty spots. The pic accompanying this post is from the Caloundra Foreshore Fun Run which, incidentally, we’re running in on Sunday.
Can you think of any more good reasons why running with your dog is worth doing? Even more importantly, can you think of any reason why you shouldn’t?
Code to get the link
get the InLinkz code